Sunday, October 9, 2011

It does Exist!



http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=3G8A

Let's be honest. True Southern Gentleman can be hard to find these days. Sometimes you find one who pays for the date, but fails to open the doors (that's right....plural, car doors and regular doors). While this a good start, it is simply that. Women want to be wooed. Forever.

My mom and I always talk about writing together, mostly children's books revolving around our two super hero weenie dogs, but topics vary regularly. Last week, I had just gotten off the phone with a friend of mine who was frustrated with a boy, and it got me thinking about the subject of chivalry. I immediately called my mother and exclaimed "I got it! The gentleman's handbook to modern day chivalry!"

Well, Will and I went to Orvis on Sunday and low and behold, shining on the shelf, was this book (way to suck the life out of my book dreams, Orvis). I grabbed it and started flipping through the pages. This book seems to have it all, from taking off your hat when the national anthem plays at a sporting event, to dinner table and party manners.

So...while my mother and I will have to stick with our children's books, there is hope, America. The hope for all American women, nestling next to the rack of fly fishing lures.




2 comments:

Lib said...

ha! Brooks Brothers actually has a whole series on how to be a gentleman... Watt has them and I actually got my brother the first one last year for Christmas!
xxlib

Diana said...

George Washington had the same idea. You're in good company! http://www.history.org/almanack/life/manners/rules2.cfm